St. Brigid's was founded in 1995 as a congregation in the Episcopal Diocese of Bethlehem and was accepted as a mission of the diocese at its 1996 convention.
The name of St. Brigid was chosen in honor of our diocesan partnership with the Dioceses of Meath and Kildare in Ireland.
Our first location was in the basement of the Nazareth National Bank in Trust Co. branch in Moorestown, PA. The Rev. Jane Teter, a member of the Bishop's staff, was our first vicar. She passed away in early 2017 and will be dearly missed.
In 1998 we moved to our location in Nazareth, PA. The church building previously housed a Methodist church and was contructed in 1901.
The Rev. Judith Snyder became the church's first full-time vicar in 2001. Our past rector was the Very Rev. Robert D. Schenkel, Jr.
The current rector is Father Bill Martin since 2012.
|The Story of
|Contact and Links|